Website Raytheon Technologies
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
*This position is On-Site and requires ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE.
The Contracts Manager will support the drafting, negotiation, interpretation and management of proposal and contract documents for the Military Engines organization. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop significant customer interaction skills, improve negotiation abilities and gain complex business experience. You will be the primary focal for external and internal customers regarding contract issues and interpretation of contract requirements therefore, strong written and verbal communication skills are required. You will have the opportunity to exercise discretion and work independently as well as provide contract leadership and expertise in developing innovative solutions to complex contracting issues. You will be responsible for contracts from cradle to grave (start to contract closeout). The individual will provide terms and conditions review and advice on contracting rights and obligations to mitigate contractual and programmatic risks. This position requires significant interaction with various managers within the Military Engines organization and the USG. The successful candidate must be an independent learner and possess demonstrated team working skills. You should possess strong document drafting skills, an understanding of aerospace business and legal issues, and the FAR/DFARS.
- 5+ years Government contract management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARs) required.
- Candidate must have contracting knowledge sufficient to provide advice and counsel to the program teams and others as required.
- Due to the programs/projects more than 50% of the time will be worked onsite in East Hartford, CT.
- Candidate must have an active US DoD Security Clearance due to the programs/projects.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- MBA or JD strongly preferred.
- Experience with classified programs is preferred.
- Must be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers and customers both internal and external.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Travel Required: 10%
To apply for this job please visit globalhr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.