Website Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Manager Of Strategic Sourcing
The MIT Department of Facilities’ Campus Services and Stewardship (CSS) seeks a manager of strategic sourcing to provide planning and daily management of the contracting and purchasing processes for CSS in the areas of repair and maintenance, grounds, custodial, parking and transportation, sustainability, and utility operations and infrastructure.
Responsibilities include collaborating on strategic initiatives and contract delivery in support of process improvements and implementation of best practices; overseeing request for proposal (RFP) activities, contractual and vendor development and implementation management, the planning and managing of contract renewal activity, and employing measures to ensure consistency across all departmental units; working with Institute partners to advance MIT’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals within the procurement portfolio; and leading and overseeing vendor safety initiatives while promoting an inclusive environment of teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business administration, logistics, supply chain, technical, financial, or related field
- Five years’ relevant experience in strategic sourcing and procurement of goods and services
- Working knowledge of services delivery procurement practices and contract terms and conditions as included in owner/contractor service agreements
- Demonstrated leadership skills with particular strengths in cross-functional teamwork and motivating peers and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills for working successfully with people at all levels
- Effective communication skills and ability to give presentations
- Initiative and ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and maintain organizational control of files, records, and contracts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with legal and service delivery terms and conditions
- Experience working on service contracts for an owner
- Awareness of OSHA and workplace safety procedures/policies
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 22145.
MIT is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.
To apply for this job please visit hr.mit.edu.